Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Temptation..."My name is Sara Lundy and I'm a sodaholic".

I woke up this morning expecting to be sore from my Jazzercise class, but I woke up feeling better than I had in a long time. I loved it! I am going to take it a little easy tonight. After I've finished my chores (dishes, laundry,taking care of the liter box,etc) ,I may do the Wii Fit for a bit and I still plan to go for a walk after dinner. I've really come to enjoy my walks after dinner.
      I don't know how many people will agree with me, but you CAN become addicted to Soda. My main addiction for years has been Coca Cola. Let me explain and give you a little background.  From early on (I"m talking 2 or 3), I have been a soda drinker. I have family members that remember me at 3 or 4, asking for  "Peppi" ( Pepsi) all the time and I have a picture of me at 4, holding a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi straight up and I'm chugging it down. Now I did change from Pepsi to Coca Cola somewhere between high school and college, but that's not important. What's important is how much it became a part of my life. I, like an alcoholic, had to have a soda in the morning and before I go to bed every day. I would often get yelled out by my parents for spending too much money on soda and drinking all the soda in the house. Even Deron has commented on how much we spend on soda. Now just how much soda could I drink? If I had my freedom to drink as much soda as I liked, I could drink 3-4, 2 liter bottles of Coca Cola.
      Ironically, the DAY I started my diet, I watched a show called, "Freaky Eaters", which was focusing on a woman who was addicted to soda. I was so happy to see that someone had recognized it as a serious issue and had taken it seriously. I related with the lady on the show 100%. But sadly, she kept drinking regular soda and I know that I can't. It's affected my health way too much. It affects not only my weight, but my teeth and energy level as well .I have to make myself drink limited numbers of diet soda every day.

      Now for the reason, why I titled this blog, "Temptation". I hadn't really had any desire for a regular Coke until today. I opened the classroom fridge (a mini fridge) of the teacher I had subbed for the past two days and what do I see... 2 cans of Coca Cola. I so badly wanted to swipe one of those cans and gulp it down as fast as I could. But I didn't , I gruntingly took a drink from my water bottle and pouted to myself for a few minutes. I once read that temptations only last for 12 minutes and that if you can hold out for 12 minutes, it'll pass. Hope that's true. I'm so proud of myself for staying strong. I must keep it up.


   I know I skipped my "What Sara Ate" part of the blog yesterday, but I did do really well yesterday. I had a banana, whole wheat flat-bread with chicken and light Swiss cheese, and I had my leftover Asian Pork w/ corn. Now what about today and this evening.....
 Here you go...

Breakfast- Corn Flakes w/Skim Milk ( I hate whole milk anyways)

Lunch- Half a piece of whole wheat flat bread w/some Lemon pepper hummus and a few carrots.

Dinner- I'm making chili tonight. Pretty healthy though. I use extra lean ground beef, light tomato juice and No crackers. May put a little cheese in it though. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment