Sunday, January 2, 2011

What Sara Ate

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of Saturday Night Live. Well, Gilda Radner often did a commentary on Weekend Update called "What Gilda Ate", where Gilda would share with the audience every minute thing she ate that day. Well this blog is titled "What Sara Ate"..so here it is

Breakfast: 2 bananas

Lunch: A half a piece of whole wheat flatbread with deli sliced chicken and skim Swiss cheese. Heated up in the microwave and folded like a sandwich. I also allowed myself to eat 3 small Fat-Free crackers (not saltines)

Dinner: I fixed an Asian Pork recipe that I found from this website full of great low carb recipes. Here's the link to it  http://genaw.com/lowcarb. Thanks Eliza!! It was very yummy and full of flavor!! I used the crockpot to cook it and instead of 1lb of pork, I  used 2 No Bone Pork Chops. I only ate one of the pork chops. To go with it, I steamed some baby carrots in the rice cooker and put some Parkay butter spray on it (no carbs, calories,fat, etc). May eat the other half of the pork chop in a few days.

Snack- If I get hungry later, I will snack on the raw carrots that I did not steam.

Now other than what I ate, I did exercise today by doing my Wii Dance Party!!! I got better every song I did. I also kept busy by cleaning and putting up more Christmas decorations. And I plan on after I write this, to go for a walk around the complex. Seems like a good night and since the weather may get worse, WHY NOT!!

 I have to say, I feel great and I'm so proud of myself.  I am even thinking about taking Jazzercise classes. I took Jazz from ages 9-14, so it sounds like it would be great for me. I'm hoping I can take it for free, since Dublin Jazzercise gives free classes to those who offer to do Child Care for an hour a week at the facility. Sounds like an even trade to me. This is according to the website though, so tomorrow I will have call and verify.  Wish me luck. It's close to where I work and I'm sure it'd be great exercise for me.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful about the bananas and carrots. Both are high in sugar. It's a natural sugar, but probably best not to eat them on the same day.

    BTW, the Jazzercise thing sounds like an awesome trade! And I love my class - I go 3 times a week. It's so much fun and I sweat like crazy!

    ReplyDelete